Reports To: Dave Axam, Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Lightspeed Networks is an agile start up and presents an opportunity for an experienced director to shape a role. You will direct all activities associated with planning and deploying a regional FTTP network using PIA assets. The roles covers plan, build and handover to live customer installation of an FTTP network. You will be creating and leading a small, focused team and group of selected sub-contractors to deliver a programme of plan and build work to time, cost, quality whilst ensuing the highest safety standards.
Key aspects of the role:
• Use a strong technical understanding of FTTP deployment to create a plan and build work-flow resourced though direct recruitment or sub-contract as agreed with COO.
• Responsibility as contractual director for all delivery sub-contractors: effective and efficient labour deployment, quality delivery and cost.
• You will be the strong visible lead for great quality and H&S practices across the business and with sub-contractors.
• Delivering projects on time and to budget with strong reporting and control processes and procedures. Identifying and mitigating programme risks.
• Owning the key working relationship with Openreach and ensuring the effective working of the PIA processes required.
• Creating a culture of safety awareness and ensuring accidents and incidents are reported and investigated to drive continuous improvement.
• Creating a culture of quality delivery and ensuring defects and re-works are reported and investigated to drive continuous improvement.
• Providing clear and insightful weekly reporting on programme delivery.
• Ensuring the highest standards of build records and asset information capture are applied. All completion documentation and As-built information is checked, verified and correctly filed on the right system.
• Excellent presentation skills and the ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders.
• Strong commercial skill set, managing costs and negotiating for commercial benefit.
• Experience and working knowledge of: CDM Regulations; an understanding of the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA); Wayleaves and permissions required.
• Experience of a recognised project management methodology.
Apply now by sending your CV & a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lightspeed Fibre Holdings Ltd
Pine Grove Enterprise Centre